You’ve been asking and we’ve been silent on it, but yes, the DL Football Eliminator Challenge is once again back for the 7th year in a row. Much years. Very football. How exciting.
This year, we are doing something a bit different in terms of prizes, though. In the past, we’ve given away a phone of choice valued at up to $700. But today, there just aren’t enough phones under that price point and because the prices of these things just keep going up, we’re shifting gears to make it simpler on everyone. This year, we’ll be doing a massive prize pack to help get your smart home started. We’re talking close to $700 in smart home gear, like a SHIELD TV, Google Home, new Nest Thermostat E, and Philips Hue starter kit. Not bad, right?
For those new to NFL eliminator challenges, they work like this. At absolutely zero cost to you, you pick one winner each week during the season out of all of the games being played. If your team wins, you move on to the next week. Just keep in mind that you can only choose a team one time per season, so there is some strategy involved. With that said, by no means are these challenges as intense as fantasy football or weekly pick’em challenges. This is the simplest form of an NFL challenge you can participate in. All you have to do each week is remember to pick a single winner. You can even make your picks via ESPN Fantasy app if that helps.
The season kicks off this Thursday (yes, in 2 days), so you will want to sign-up now. We will try our best to remind you throughout the next couple of days to sign-up, though.
Join the group: Droid Life Eliminator
Simple rules for those new to eliminator challenges:
- Join the league up above. Create an entry for yourself. Get ready to pick winners.
- Since this is an eliminator challenge, you only have to pick 1 winner each week.
- Remember though, that you only get to use a team one time and cannot pick them to win again.
- If you choose correctly each week, you continue to advance.
- If you choose incorrectly, you are more than likely out. Still, continue picking though, as we may not have anyone finish the season perfect.
- If that didn’t make sense, check out the full “How to Play” rules here.
- If we run into a tiebreaker, we will decide a winner based on these rules. That’s right, we go with ESPN’s rules and they determine the winner.
We’re putting together a massive smart home starter kit that includes a NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Nest Thermostat E, Google Home, and Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit. The total value of these items is currently at around $677. It should be just the right mix of goodies to get your home ready for the future.
Winner’s prizes will only be bought and shipped within the US.
We’ll try to remind folks to make their picks each week, but cannot guarantee that we’ll remember. If we do though, it will be on Twitter, so be sure to follow us there. Week 1 starts this Thursday, with the first game between the Chiefs and Patriots on September 7.
Powered by WPeMatico