This HaBO is from E.D., who has been searching for this book for at least a decade:
I’ve been looking for this book for over 10 years.
All I remember is:
- The cover had a swan I think, not sure if it was part of the cover or a publishers logo.
- I know the characters wore corsets and lace up petticoats, but I’m not sure about the time frame of the book just that it was set in the past. Pre-1900s I think.
- The main character has freckles and at one point is using some sort of cucumber cream when she falls from the barn loft right in front of the main guy.
- She’s kind of tomboyish, and the dress she’s wearing when she’s with the main guy to visit someone is too big for her. The person they visit points it out and says the dress is ugly, might have been yellow in color.
- The guy is kind of mean/rude to her at first and sees her as a bother.
- Something about horses. I think the guy rides them and she wants to, but since she’s a girl she isn’t allowed.
- They end up in a compromising situation so they have to get married, but they were set up by his and her family.
- After she thinks they have sex for the first time, she wonders why she isn’t walking funny, like she’s seen the mares do after they are mounted by a male.
- She ends up pregnant, and they both are very in love.
- Near the end, I think she’s sitting cross legged on the bed pregnant and naked with her long hair covering her breasts, and her husband thinks she’s beautiful.
That’s a lot of detail! Someone knows this book.
Powered by WPeMatico